Steps to Prepare for Kitchen Cabinet Painting
There are only a few steps to prepare for your kitchen cabinet painters to arrive, but they do take some time so set aside a couple hours to prepare your space properly. This preparation ensures that your painters will be able to get in and get right to work, which means you can get back in your kitchen sooner!
1. Move Fridge to a place where you can access it and it remains plugged in. This allows us to complete the inner cabinet box panels.
2. If necessary, clean exteriors of cabinets with Dawn dish soap and warm water, and if greasy near cooktop, clean with Greased Lightning.
3. Clean all kick boards at floor, these need to be clean and completely pet hair free (along with entire area - pet hair free).
4. Empty entire kitchen & cabinets completely. This includes all cabinets that are to be painted. All countertops are to be cleared of everything including small appliances, decorative items, papers, food etc.
5. Remove all handle/knob hardware, place in secure location away from kitchen.